Saturday, December 03, 2005

FOOL FOR LOVE

I don't want to be a fool for loving you
Don't want a ride on the merry go round
All this - now she's here and now she's gone
Has a way of really getting me down.

Don't want to stick around here any more
My time is up and I must be gone
It's an old line I'm following through
Don't want to be where I don't belong, no.

Once I had plans
But that was then
It was a picture
Of a perfect ten

Strange how it seems
Just yesterday
No signs of danger
Nothing in the way

How these things change
I just can't tell
Without a warning
A twist in the tale

And hey
I guess I'm a fool for love
At loss in a thinking world
I know I'm a sight to see
Why can't this feeling ever leave me be?


With every change
From night to day
A different story
Along a different way

Sit on the fence
Hold all the trumps
Look at the cat
Which way will it jump?

With heads you win
With tails I lose
Something tells me
This thing's a wild goose


What's the reason
Why do you sigh
Are you just weary
Will you tell me why

All this is strange
Like Catch 22
Nothing is quite false
Nothing is quite true

Are you afraid
Making that call
Scared of that moment
Of breaking the wall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home